Ball State University
*Tuition is only an estimate and actual rates may vary.
Please contact the campus for more details.
Ball State is committed to a bright future. And it includes you. We’ll inspire you to find your passion and purpose here and propel you to a fulfilling career and a meaningful life. As Cardinals, We Fly.
- Open to legal residents, as defined by Ball State University’s current residency policy, of Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
- Eligibility is available to applicants who are enrolling at Ball State University for the first time beginning Fall 2022. Current or previously enrolled students are not eligible.
- To qualify for MSEP, first time new students must have a cumulative high school grade point average of a 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale), transfer students must have a cumulative collegiate grade point average of a 3.0 or higher and 15 transferable credit hours, and graduate applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 or higher for their highest earned degree.
- MSEP benefits are limited to full-time degree-seeking undergraduate students (enrolled for 12-18 credit hours per semester) and full-time degree-seeking graduate students (9 credit hours per semester).
- MSEP benefits may be applied to tuition and student services fee only. Full-time out-of-state tuition and student services fee will be reduced by no more than 150 percent of the full-time in-state tuition and student services fee.
- Recipients of MSEP will be responsible for all other fees, including: University technology, recreation center, health center, residence hall technology, overload and course fees.
- Recipients of the Presidential Scholarship, Ball State Scholars Award, or Academic Distinction Scholarship are not eligible for MSEP. Graduate students with any type of graduate assistantship are not eligible for MSEP. Students with any type of in-state-tuition benefits are not eligible for MSEP.
- Once a student is admitted to a program under MSEP, that student shall continue to receive the discounted fee as long as the student maintains continuous enrollment (or has approved leave of absence) and maintains satisfactory academic progress, regardless of the subsequent status of the participation agreement or the institution’s participation in MSEP.
- The Midwest Student Exchange Program pertains to on-campus tuition only. Distance Education/Online and off-campus tuition are not included in the program.
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education and each participating public college and university shall jointly establish a cap on the total number of students who enroll each year through the Midwest Student Exchange Program. This cap shall remain in effect unless changed by mutual agreement of the institution and the Commission. By state policy, students enrolled through the Midwest Student Exchange Program shall not displace qualified Indiana residents; i.e. MSEP students shall only be admitted into degree programs that have enrolled all qualified Indiana residents who wish to pursue the program and that still have capacity to enroll additional students.
- Ball State offers about 110 majors and preprofessional options in seven academic colleges. Our innovative programs will give you access to professional experiences and advanced technology from day one, and your degree will be valued by employers. In fact, 90% of our students quickly find jobs or get into graduate schools. We will help you apply what you learn in classes and build relevant skills, practical experience, and valuable connections as 89% of classes are taught by faculty with a student to faculty ratio of 14 to 1.
- Get to Know Our Colleges
- Amazing opportunities await you in the advanced degree and certificate programs offered by the Graduate School at Ball State. Inspiring faculty and innovative learning experiences on our vibrant campus will empower you to grow, thrive, and take flight in your career. We’ll meet you where you are and help you achieve your aspirations. Learn more about our over 100 graduate programs.
- Get to Know Our Graduate School